LADO Enterprises is seeking qualified candidates for the following positions:
Main Center, Washington DC
Silver Spring, Maryland
LADO International Institute (DC, Silver Spring and Arlington Campuses), is currently looking for adult ESL teachers:
• Morning availability (9:00am -- 1:50pm)
• Subs & Tutors (variety of hours)
• Evening & Saturday availability (from 6:00pm)
• U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency
• a Bachelor's (or higher) degree
• 6 months of ESL teaching experience *This requirement will be waived after successful completion of the Lado TEFL Certificate course (see below).
Prospective teacher description:
• Has a positive rapport with students
• Motivates students to make progress
• Flexibility with & respect for students with a variety of beliefs, needs, and goals
• Advocates a communicative approach to learning
• Collaborates well with colleagues & supervisors
• Interested & active in own professional development
• Knowledge of (an)other foreign language(s) and experience travelling to/living in other countries is a plus
LADO's mission is to help students realize their dreams by providing quality English language courses inspired by Dr. Robert Lado's achievements in applied linguistics. Our schools house small, personable, student-centered English classes that attract adult learners from countries all over the world. We advocate that our teachers guide their students to success (be it personal, professional or academic)!
LADO also offers opportunities for individuals to launch a career as teacher through the Lado TEFL Certificate: a 4 or 9 week class offering 13.5 CEUs, 12 in-class practicum hours, and comprehensive instruction on Teaching English as a Foreign or Second Language. For more information, call 202-223-0023 or email Emi Hutanu at EHutanu@lado.edu.