Beijing Foreign Studies University (BFSU) and LADO have teamed up to provide native English speakers with an exciting opportunity to teach in Beijing for 1 year after a full scholarship for the LADO TEFL Certificate, an intensive 1 month 13.5 credit course at the MA level. During this year in Beijing, China’s cultural and political capital, participants enjoy a competitive salary, paid leave, full benefits, airfare, and more.
Participants will be teaching for one year in BFSU’s affiliated childhood and high school English programs starting in February, 2013. They will be arriving in China just before Chinese New Year. Classes will be held 5 days per week with a total of up to 20 classroom hours. Please contact us for more details.
Who are we?
Upon its founding in 1977, LADO International Institute already had a rich academic history. The institute’s founder, Dr. Robert Lado, was one of the foremost pioneers in language teaching. His achievements include: founding Georgetown University’s School of Languages and Linguistics and co-founding the TESOL organization; writing the Michigan Test, more than 60 books, and hundreds of articles – including the first widely-used textbook on language testing; and significant contributions to the field of second language learning. 35 years later, the LADO curriculum has been used to teach millions of students in more than 70 countries and LADO International Institute has over 200,000 alumni from more than 180 countries. LADO is fully accredited by Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET). We are proud to introduce our partner, BFSU, the #1 university in China for International Relations and Foreign Languages, with over 400 Chinese Ambassadors among their alumni over the past 50 years.
As a participant, you will enjoy the following advantages:
- Teach for an elite Chinese university
- Full scholarship to LADO TEFL Certificate Program
- 13.5 credits at the MA level
- Salary of $23-28,000 – 5 times the average local rate
- Opportunity to see Asia and learn Chinese
- Help throughout the preparation process!
- Paid round trip plane tickets
- Housing assistance or provision
- An official visa
- Paid vacation and public holidays
- Comprehensive health benefits
- A week long on-site curricular training program
- One-on-one assistance
- A group of like-minded peers to study and teach beside
- Native speaker from the U.S. , U.K, Canada, Australia, or New Zealand
- 24 years old or more
- Have at least two years’ work experience in any field
- Bachelor’s Degree or above
- Preferential experience with ESL (teaching young learners a plus)
- TEFL/TESOL Certificate from LADO or equivalent. (Full scholarship to LADO TEFL Certificate available if hired)
- Submit application at www.TESOL.com – You will need the LBTAP application, the LADO TEFL application, all transcripts, a resume, a brief statement of interest, and a $250 refundable application fee.
- Two interviews conducted – one with LADO and one over the phone with BFSU.
- Enroll in the TEFL program at LADO in Washington, DC and work with LADO to compile and submit necessary documents.
- Arrive in China, partake in curricular training, and begin an incredible year abroad!
Applications Deadline: (All applications reviewed on a rolling basis)
Early Decision (recommended):
October 10, 2012
November 22, 2012
- If you have additional questions about the program, please, submit them here.